Whether you agree with me or not, we regret heaping that lehenga which we once thought of donning for that special occasion. Barely once or twice you have worn that piece and now it has become bland or boring. My today’s post is a parable of Indian and British trend – FUSION wear.
Its time to bring the wedding lehenga back on the rack. The fusion wear is in rage and fortunately you don’t really have to wait for a next big gala to dress you favorite lehenga. Reusing your fancy lehenga is now super easy! There is so much to do with your lehengha in 2017 and I’ve windswept the coolest way you can style your traditional lehenga this summer.
I thought of creating this fusion look by wearing a flared cotton blend skirt. I got this beautiful camel and elephant in batik print from Pushkar, India. If you are planning a trip to any time around then Pushkar is a place to visit! Beautiful atmosphere of the lake city makes it a perfect place for a relaxing vacation destination. The lehenga has a drawstring to tie at the waist. I paired it with a golden dusted white boxy top. The lose fit of the top gives me the laid-back look to counterbalance the overstated lehenga. To spice up the look, I tried to give a bohemian vibe by stacking this beautiful silver oxidized necklace. I kept my hair and makeup minimal by simply untying my tresses by applying straight hair serum.
5 Super Stylish Ways You Can Reuse Traditional Lehenga
- Play a dress-down and get your traditional lehenga stitched as anarkali suit.
- Indo-western styles are evolving and you’ll never miss a fashion bus. Make your tailor stitch a spaghetti sleeves to your lehenga and viola, you just look like a million-dollar-baby without breaking the bank 😉
- Ethnic jacket is one of the big billion bug of late and you can create your lehenga can be upcycled to an ethnic jacket. Head to your tailor now!
- Crop top and lehenga are now ruling the fashion ecosphere and you can never go wrong with a casual yet bright crop top that plays a color-block with your lehenga.
- This may sound like a turn-off but if your lehenga is not worn from three years, believe me darling, you would not ever be wearing it, so cut the embellishments, motifs and embroidery patches and put them on a one of your current favorite ensemble.
I hope you find this helpful. Do let me know how do you plan to reuse your lehenga/skirt for summer 2017. Follow me on my Instagram (rawandtoasted) and Twitter (@rawandtoasted) to explore fashion, lifestyle and homestyle ideas and inspiration.